| Note the man on the bike for scale! |
I like to walk in the morning and two of my favourite routes include the woods by Greenbank Gardens and the lane through a nearby golf club. The former provides ample opportunity for Autmun photography and each day this week nature has been continually giving and surprising. I love the wild blackberries which grow in the hedgerow of so many of Scotland’s fields and roadsides. The berries on the bramble bushes are just now ripe for picking, so I always pick a handful to take home! (I’m sure my cousin’s upcoming birthday party will provide me with a way to incorporate them into some baking!). As well as brambles, I also came across apples and plums!
Talking of baking, another of my latest ventures has been baking bread. Having tried my hand before at making some sort of bready thing, and it resulting in some not-so-pleasant-tough-to-eat creation, I was apprehensive. However, the dough rose dutifully and a couple of hours later I had two lovely loaves to enjoy! Excellent : )
| I have a thing for trees |
No comments:
Post a Comment