Hej,
Just a quick update as I might not have internet over the next couple of days because tomorrow I’m going to the summer house with Karin and Anders. There’s some work to be done on the jetty, trees to fell and blueberries to be picked! Bit of miserable day now – only 13.5 °C, rainy and foggy too. It was Anders birthday today though, so we had a big cake at dinner (of which many photos were taken – it was like the paparazzi or something!) and talked a lot.
I love our mealtime discussions. Tonight, amongst other things, we talked about discipline in today’s children growing up, the 60s, how Karin and Anders got started with their farm and Marion told us about the contemporary art museum she works in. K and A told us about their original milking cows and then how Anders got into politics and was travelling a lot across Europe. The milking cows were a lot of work though so they stopped with that and Anders got the cattle he has now. Karin then started her own company and then later another (after the selling the other on) and that is roughly how things are now.
Today we picked LOTS of blueberries. The work seems to be getting less and less, first with Marion arriving then the arrival of another French wwoofer, France-Emmanuelle, today. Having someone else to work with and to talk to is a lot nicer than working by yourself of course.
My recipe book is filling up fast! Today I wrote down nearly 20 recipes, many of which aren’t exactly traditionally Swedish but I like to note things down from Karin’s cook books anyway. I’m getting pretty good at reading the ingredients in Swedish now. Get ready mum and dad for a cooking extravaganza when I get home!
And so that has been my day. (Oh yeh and we had two Fins staying over last night, which was cool). I’m going to finish my ecological apple cider, take a shower and go to bed. We leave early tomorrow.
Enjoy the weekend!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment